“Sometimes the Joy in cooking is in the recreation of a Memory”
I had this pizza once in a cute little italian restaurant in Chicago and it was simply divine! Here is my take on it and I must say it’s pretty close to what I remember.
- 1 Whole Wheat Organic Pizza Dough
- 16 (or so) thin slices prosciutto, cut into strips
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (I used a 5 cheese blend of mozzarella, provolone, romano, asiago and parmesan cheeses)
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, each cut into eighths
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F.
- Arrange prosciutto evenly over dough, sprinkle walnuts over the prosciutto.
- Cute each cherry tomatoes into eighths. Add to dough.
- Combine cheeses and sprinkle over prosciutto, walnuts and tomatoes.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Top with arugula and bake for an additional 2 minutes
The little Italian Restaurant in Chicago, IL