“I don’t always prepare such rich meals. Sometimes I’ll just serve a simple quiche, salad and dessert for dinner.”
taco shell bowl really makes a statement!
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 Taco Seasoning Package
- 2 Cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 cups arugula mix
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 package of tortillas
- Combine salsa and sour cream in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add beef and taco seasoning, cook, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, cumin and chili powder; cook, stirring, until the tomatoes begin to break down, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in cilantro and 1/4 cup of the salsa mixture.
- Add lettuce to the remaining salsa mixture in the bowl; add to taco shell bowls.
- Sprinkle with cheese and additional diced tomatoes
Taco Shell Bowls
- Place two medium-size, oven-safe bowls upside down on a baking sheet.
- Spray the bowls with nonstick cooking spray.
- Shape the tortillas over the bowls.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the tortillas begin to brown and become crispy, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the tortillas from the bowls and fill them with taco salad.