“One of the secrets, and pleasures, of cooking is to learn to correct something if it goes awry; and one of the lessons is to grin and bear it if it cannot be fixed.”
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped basil, divided
- 1/2 pound whole wheat fusilli
- 2 zucchini or yellow squash, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange tomatoes on a large parchment-lined sheet tray, cut-sides up. Drizzle with oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Scatter 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and 2 tablespoons basil evenly over top. Roast until juicy and bubbling, about 20 minutes; set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add fusilli and cook until al dente, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add zucchini, lemon juice, remaining 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese and 2 tablespoons basil. Toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper. Divide pasta onto four plates, top with tomatoes.
Recipe Reference wholefoods.com