“Good Apple Pies are a considerable part of domestic Happiness”
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 6 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (6 medium)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place 1 pie crust in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Press firmly against side and bottom.
- In large bowl, gently mix the rest of the ingredients; spoon into crust-lined pie plate.
- Cut the second curst into stripes and weave it accordingly. Wrap excess top crust under bottom crust edge, pressing edges together to seal.
- Cover edge of crust with 2- to 3-inch wide strips of foil. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cool on cooling rack