“This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook- try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!”
Ingredients – Serves 6
- 1 bag instant brown rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 Tilapia fillets
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cherry tomato
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 thyme sprig
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine salt, paprika, and black pepper and 2 tbps fresh lime juice. Place fillets of fish in an 7×11 serving dish and apply mixture evenly over fish. Cook fish for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. (When done drain, set aside and cover).
- While rice cooks, heat a skillet over high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots, red pepper, and garlic; cook 4 minutes or until shallots are translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Next, add tomatoes, broth, wine, and thyme to the skillet; bring to a simmer, and cook 6 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon parsley and remaining lime juice; stir gently to combine. Discard thyme sprig.
- While tomato mixture cooks, combine cooked rice, remaining 2 tablespoons parsley, and almonds.
- When fish is done cooking, place about 1/3 cup rice mixture in each plate; top each serving with 1 fillet of fish and 1/2 cup tomato mixture.
JKMRecipe Reference cookinglight.com