“Be a fearless cook! Try out new ideas and new recipes, but always buy the freshest and finest ingredients, whatever they may be.”
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans
- 1 jar hot salsa
- 1 box corn bread
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 cups low fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 fresh green chili; diced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large sauté pan, brown meat. Drain well and return to stove. Add beans and salsa, stir to combine and simmer over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes.
- Let cool slightly then spoon into a 9×12-inch casserole dish.
- Prepare cornbread batter according to package directions, using the remaining ingredients above.
- Spoon over top of beef mixture. Smooth out to cover. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until cornbread is lightly brown and filling is bubbling.