Latkes:a pancake, especially one made of grated potato.
- 6 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped chives, or more to taste (divided use)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup canola oil
- Wash, peel and (medium) grate Yukon gold potatoes. Squeeze and drain excess potato liquid once grated.
- Add salt, white pepper, and 3 tablespoons of finely chopped chives.
- In a separate bowl beat 2 eggs till frothy.
- Add eggs to potato mixture. Add in flour and mix thoroughly. Form into patties. Cover them with the panko breadcrumbs so you no longer see the potato.
- Before you begin the frying process, mix the sour cream together with another tablespoon of the finely chopped chives and refrigerate.
- Using a large skillet, heat oil which should cover the bottom of skillet and 1/2 way up the sides of the patties.
- Test first by dropping a teaspoon of mixture into hot oil. It should quickly fry but not so hot it burns. When forming the patties they should be about 3 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick.
- Once you’ve cooked the potato pancakes serve hot immediately along with the cold sour cream & chive mixture.
JKMRecipe Reference food52.com