“I am a better person when I have less on my plate.”
- 1 shallot, slice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 cups peeled, seeded and cubed butternut squash
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to tast
- 2 Granny smith apples, cored and finely dice
- Pepper to taste
- Heat a medium-size saucepan over low heat. Add the shallot, garlic and 1/4 cup water. Cook until the shallot and garlic are softened, being careful not to let them burn, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the squash and the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the squash is soft, about 20 minutes.
- Carefully pour the mixture into a blender. Holding the top down with a towel, blend until smooth. Add the cider, sour cream and salt. Continue blending until well combined.
- Season with additional salt if needed.
- Ladle the soup among 4 bowls. Garnish with the diced apples and pepper. Serve immediately.
JKMRecipe Reference food52.com