Christmas cookies and happy hearts, this is how the holiday starts.
We made these cookies every christmas while I was growing up. Such Sweet, Sweet memories!!!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup sweeten condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2/4 cup flour (may need more)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Variety of sprinkles
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2/3 teaspoon water
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Soften the butter, add sugar to the butter.
- Beat in egg, milk, lemon juice, lemon rind and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl stir flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly pour the flour mixture in with the egg and butter mixture, about a cup at a time. Use spoon to mix in the beginning then use your hands.
- Continue this process until dough is formed (more flour may be needed). Separate dough in four or five different balls.
- Flour the surface and then use a rolling-pin to flatten dough balls. Use cookie cutters to form shapes.
- Bake cookies on greased cookie sheet for 8 minutes (check at 6 or 7 minutes)
- While cookies are baking prepare the icing by combining icing sugar, lemon juice and water.
- Once cookies are done baking, immediately transfer them to a wax paper surface. Spread icing and then sprinkles to each cookie.
JKMRecipe Reference Mi Madre:-)