“As long as there’s pasta and Chinese food in the world, I’m okay.”
- 16 jumbo pasta shells
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound ricotta cheese
- 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 1/2 cups store bought mariana sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta shells and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain well then toss with oil in a large bowl; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Put spinach into a large skillet and drizzle with a tablespoon or two of water. Cover and cook over medium low heat, tossing occasionally, until just wilted; drain well. When cool enough to handle, squeeze to remove any excess water.
- Chop spinach and transfer to a large bowl. Add garlic, ricotta, mozzarella, egg and basil to make the filling.
- Spread a few spoonfuls of marinara sauce in the bottom of a shallow baking dish large enough to hold the shells in a single layer. Fill each shell with spinach mixture and arrange in the dish. Pour remaining sauce over and around the stuffed shells and top with parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake until hot throughout, 20 to 30 minutes, then uncover and continue baking until golden brown, about 10 minutes more.
Recipe Reference wholefoods.com