“One of the secrets of cooking is to learn to correct something if you can, and bear with it if you cannot.”
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a bowl (or other round object) to cut a medium sized circle out of each uncooked flour tortilla.
- Spray a muffin tray with non-stick cooking spray. Form a cup in each tin with tortilla circles.
- In a large skillet cook meat until brown, add onion and garlic.
- Strain black beans and add to the meat mixture.
- Stir in taco seasoning with water, as needed.
- Meanwhile, bake taco cups for 2-4 minutes until crisp.
- Sprinkle cheese on the bottom of each cup, then add meat mixture to each cup. Top with more cheese if desired and return to the oven until cheese is melted.
- Add avocado, cherry tomatoes, fresh cilantro and sour cream to the top of each cup.