“In the hands of an able cook, fish can become an inexhaustible source of perpetual delight”
- 1 cup whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for the pan
- Salt and cheyenne pepper to taste
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tilapia fillets
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine breadcrumbs, pecans, 2 teaspoons chives, 1 tablespoon oil, salt, cheyenne pepper and 2 tablespoons water in a medium bowl and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Toss asparagus with remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil, remaining 1 teaspoon chives, honey, salt and cheyenne pepper in a large bowl and spread it in a single layer on a large oiled baking sheet.
- Scatter one-quarter of the breadcrumb mixture over the asparagus and arrange tilapia over asparagus.
- Scatter remaining breadcrumb mixture on top of tilapia fillets.
- Bake until tilapia is cooked through and asparagus is tender, 10 to 12 minutes.