“…small helpings, no seconds, no snacking, and a little bit of everything. ”
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 cups chopped kale (1 small bunch)
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 can refrigerated dinner roll dough (such as Pillsbury)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Add garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add kale and spinach; sauté 8 minutes or until kale is tender. Stir in pepper, salt, and nutmeg.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly. Stir in feta.
- Separate dough into 8 pieces. Roll each dough piece into a 5-inch circle.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup kale mixture on half of each circle, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Fold dough over kale mixture until edges almost meet. Bring bottom edge of dough over top edge.
- Place turnovers on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat turnovers with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand at least 5 minutes before serving.
JKMRecipe Reference cookinglight.com