“Do not overcook this dish. Most seafoods should be simply threatened with heat and then celebrated with Joy”
- 4 large dry scallops
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Pat the scallops dry with towel or paper towels. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the scallops (both sides).
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over high heat.
- When oil is hot, place the scallops in the pan with at least one or two inches between them. After two minutes, the base should be browned nicely. Flip the scallops and cook for another minute or until base is browned.
- Remove from heat and set on serving dish. While still on high heat, drop a pat of butter into the pan. Move the pat around the pan until melted completely.
- Pour in the wine and use a whisk or spoon to scrape the fond from the pan and stir it into the liquid. Leave the heat on high and let the sauce boil until it reduces to desired consistency.
- Immediately remove from heat and serve over scallops.
- Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy!
JKMRecipe Reference userealbutter.com