“Cooking for yourself allows you to be strange or decadent or both. In the end, the experimentation, the impulsiveness, and the invention that such conditions allow for will probably make you a better cook.”
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 medium Russet potatoes peeled and diced into 1″ cubes
- 7 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 4 pieces bacon, chopped
- 3 green onions, diced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Cook bacon until crispy on medium high heat. Place bacon on a paper towel to cool. Reserve bacon fat in the pan.
- Add carrot, onion, celery, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper to remaining bacon fat. Saute veggies until onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer veggies to a pot. Add potatoes and stock. Cook on medium high until potatoes are very tender, about 20- 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine chopped bacon, green onions, vinegar, oil and salt in a small bowl.
- Once potatoes are tender, turn off heat, add sour cream and puree in a blender until smooth.
- Serve each bowl of soup with 1 tbsp of bacon vinaigrette.
JKMRecipe Reference food52.com