“The term “deviled”, in reference to food, came to be used most often with spicy or zesty food, including eggs prepared with mustard, pepper or other ingredients stuffed in the yolk cavity.”
Thanks to a fellow blogger I found the most amazing way to make use of my dyed Easter eggs! I’m in love with this recipe! SO good! I found this recipe here and I’m sold! This is my new favorite take on deviled eggs! The avocado is brilliant AND a huge hit!
- One dozen hard boiled eggs
- 1 large avocado
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried mustard
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel off egg shells and cut eggs in half.
- Remove egg yolks. In a food processor, combine yolks, avocado, onion, lemon juice, mustard, paprika, parsley, and salt and pepper together.
- Transfer to a ziplock bag, snip one of the corners, and squeeze into each egg halves.
- Top deviled eggs with more paprika and parsley