PESTO: olive oil-based pasta sauce, from Italy.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup packed arugula leaves
- 1 cup packed parsley leaves
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grilling shrimp
- 4 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Package of spaghetti
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pesto: combine garlic, walnuts, arugula, parsley and olive oil in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Transfer to a large serving bowl and stir in feta, Parmigiano-Reggiano and pepper. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add spaghetti. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, following package directions for timing. Drain, reserving some water. Stir 1 tablespoon of the reserved pasta cooking water into the pesto. Add pesto on top of the pasta and cover to keep warm.
- While pasta cooks, bring another pot of water to a boil. Boil shrimp, until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve shrimp with pasta and pesto.
Recipe Reference wholefoods.com