“Sometimes the only worthwhile product you can salvage from a day is what you make to eat.”
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 cup boneless, skinless chicken, sliced thinly
- 1 cup bamboo shoots, sliced
- 1 cup red peppers, cute into squares
- 1-2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teapsoon sugar
- Hot Chili Pepper sauce for spice (I used 1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, sliced into thin ribbons
- Scoop the top 1/3 of a cup off the top of a can of coconut milk to get the thicker coconut cream.
- Heat the cream over medium high heat until it starts to bubble.
- Add your red curry paste and mix until it’s well incorporated with the coconut cream.
- Add the other 2/3 cup of the thinner coconut milk and the chicken, coat chicken with the curry coconut paste, and let cook through, about 10 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the bamboo shoots, peppers and some water. The amount of water depends on thick you want your curry.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes
- Meanwhile, add fish sauce, sugar, and the hot chili pepper sauce
- Serve curry with jasmine rice and basil for garnish