The luck of the Irish is a peculiar phrase that may have multiple meanings. There is little agreement on origins of this idiom, and some suggest it simply means that the Irish are inherently lucky, and seem to be able to land on their feet when bad circumstances occur. Others trace origin of the phrase to the US where, especially during the exploration for gold in the west, there were a high number of Irish people who got lucky, and found their “pot o’ gold” in the gold fields of California, or were equally prosperous in silver mining.
“Everything in moderation… including moderation.”
- 1 medium sweet potato
- An assortment of toppings; cheese, butter, sour cream, bacon bits, cooked prosciutto, chives and dill
- Your favorite Beer!
- Wash potato; wrap in cling wrap
- Microwave on high for 10-15 minutes depending on size
- Cut open potato (use oven mitts when removing from the microwave) and add desired toppings
“All sorrows are less with Bread”
- 1 packet (1 ounce) of Ranch salad dressing & seasoning mix
- 2-1/4 baking mix, such as Bisquick®
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced green chilies
- 2/3 cup beer (I recommend Shiner Blonde® , have to keep it in state!)
- In mixing bowl, combine dressing mix, baking mix, cheese and green chilies.
- Add beer; stir until well-blended.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned
Recipe Reference hiddenvalley.com