“There are two types of people; those who eat kale and those who should.”
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth
- 7 cups stemmed, chopped kale (about 1 bunch)
- 3/4 cup red lentils
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan. Add onion, carrot, celery, and green beans and sauté 6 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in vegetable broth, kale and lentils. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until kale is crisp-tender.
- Add cannellini beans, black beans, and pepper to soup. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, vinegar, and rosemary.