“There is a difference between dining and eating. Dining is an art. When you eat to get the most out of your meal, to please the palate, just as well as to satiate the appetite, that, my friend, is dining.”
- 1 precooked whole wheat pizza crust
- 2 medium russet potatoes, very thinly sliced
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch broccolini, washed, ends trimmed
- 1 large garlic clove, minced, plus 2 garlic cloves lightly smashed but still intact
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 cup finely grated Romano cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss potatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp salt in a large bowl.
- Arrange potatoes in one layer on a baking tray. Bake until edges begin to turn golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add broccolini and blanch 30 seconds; drain. Plunge broccolini into a bowl of ice water. Cool and drain again and cut in 2″ pieces.
- Heat one tbsp olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Sauté briefly, 30 seconds.
- Add broccolini and 1/2 tsp salt. Sauté one minute. Remove from heat.
- Lightly brush pizza crust with olive oil. Rub all over with smashed garlic cloves.
- Arrange one layer mozzarella cheese over crust. Top with one layer of potatoes and broccolini. Sprinkle one tbsp rosemary over each crust. Top with grated Romano cheese.
- Bake on the lowest rack in the oven for about 8 minutes. Broil pizza for an additional 2-3 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Before serving, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with fresh rosemary leaves and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
JKMRecipe Reference food52.com