“It is impossible to think of any good meal, no matter how plain or elegant, without soup or bread in it.”
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. peanut oil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the chicken broth into a pot, whisk in the cornstarch until it is well-blended.
- Add in the garlic, ginger and soy sauce. Turn on the stove and heat over medium-high heat until boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs in a small measuring cup.
- Once the soup is boiling, turn off the heat. Then while using one hand to continually stir the soup in one direction, slowly pour the whisked eggs into the soup.
- Then, gently stir in the sesame oil and green onions.
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Serve immediately.