“I’d rather go to bed supperless, than run in debt for Breakfast”
Ingredients – Serves 6
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1/2 a tomato, diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup flour
- Dash of paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about three minutes. Add broccoli and cook about five minutes or until just tender. Transfer to prepared pan. Add tomato.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and oregano. Whisk in flour. Pour egg mixture evenly over vegetables. Sprinkle with paprika and bake until set, about 40 minutes. Cool quiche 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe Reference wholefoods.com