“In the abstract art of cooking, ingredients trump appliances, passion supersedes expertise, creativity triumphs over technique, spontaneity inspires invention.”
- 2 1/2 pounds Brussels Sprouts
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cups thinly sliced shallots
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add Brussels sprouts and cook for 6 to 8 minutes until just tender (centers should still be slightly firm). Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add prosciutto to skillet, half at a time, and cook until crisp; remove from skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add butter and shallots to skillet. Cook and stir about 2 minutes or until shallots begin to soften.
- Transfer Brussels spouts to a serving bowl. Top with prosciutto and serve.
JKMRecipe Reference bhg.com