“No one who cooks, cooks alone. Even at her most solitary, a cook in the kitchen is surrounded by generations of cooks past, the advice and menus of cooks present, the wisdom of cookbook writers.”
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces uncooked wide fettuccine noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper; cut in strips
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Place a foil-lined pan in a preheated 450° oven
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; stir gently just until blended. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Divide pork mixture into 20 equal portions; shape each portion into a meatball. Arrange meatballs in a single layer on preheated pan. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until done.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Rinse noodles under cool water; drain.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, peas and salt; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add noodles; toss. Place 1 cup noodle mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 3 meatballs. Sprinkle each serving with 2 tablespoons green onions.